If you are ever in an emergency situation, pressing the MTN 2MyAid panic button on your cellphone will send a distress SMS to four emergency contacts that you pre-selected i.e. your family members, friends etc.
The SMS, sent to contacts you chose during the registration process, will explain that you need help and contain details of your location.
This will enable your emergency contacts to contact you or alert the emergency authorities. Your emergency contacts will also be able to request location updates for a period of time.
How to use
How to register
- SMS the word ‘Help’ to 31911.
- You will then receive an SMS confirming your registration.
- Follow the instructions to set up emergency contacts and profiles.
Visit www.mtn2myaid.co.za for more information.
How much does MTN2MyAid cost?
- Monthly subscription: R12.49
- Activation of more than four contacts costs R2.00.