Top up your airtime across multiple channels—buy airtime in-store, online, from your bank or use your registered debit/credit card
What airtime denominations are available from MTN?
- R5, R10, R15, R30, R60 or R180
- You can also top up with MTN Eazi Recharge or using your bank’s cellphone banking, internet banking and ATM banking services from as little as R5, increasing in values of R1, up to a maximum of R1 000.
- If you have an airtime sponsor, you can request an airtime transfer.
How do I top up?
- Buy an MTN PayAsYouGo recharge voucher and then
- dial *141* recharge voucher pin# or
- dial 141, select option 3 and then enter your 16-digit recharge voucher pin.
- Buy airtime from any ATM with your bank card. Choose the amount you would like to recharge your account with, and MTN will automatically add that value to your airtime balance.
- Top up with Mobile Money using your MTN Mobile Money account; your airtime balance will automatically be credited with the value you select.
- Purchase airtime from an Umoya on the Go (mCharge) vendor. You will pay the vendor the rand value of the airtime you require, and the vendor will transfer the airtime to your phone, which will be credited to your airtime balance.
- If you have a Me2U sponsor, you can send a request for airtime by dialling *141*3# and following the prompts or dial *141*6328*(sponsor’s cellphone number)*(rand value)#to do an instant transfer request.
How long is my airtime valid for?
- If a customer purchases airtime of less than R15, the airtime will expire in 20
days’ time. Example: If a customer purchases R10 airtime, the airtime will be valid
for 20 days from the date it was loaded.
- If a customer purchases airtime of between R15.01 and R25, the airtime will expire
in 30 days’ time. Example: A customer loads R20 airtime, the airtime will be valid
for 30 days from the date it was loaded.
- If a customer purchases airtime of above R25.01, the airtime will have no expiry.
Example: A customer loads R30 airtime, save for dormancy* the airtime doesn’t expire.
*Dormancy is when there is no activity on your SIM card for a period of 120 consecutive
Use an ATM (FNB, ABSA, Standard Bank or Nedbank) to top up your airtime. Simply insert your bankcard, choose Airtime, then choose the amount that you would like to credit your cellphone airtime account with. The transaction is immediate.
Access airtime TopUp at any FNB, ABSA, Standard Bank and Nedbank ATM countrywide.
- Insert your ATM card into an ATM that offers this service.
- Choose the option Airtime.
- Choose the amount.
- Your airtime will be credited immediately.
You will be charged for the value of the airtime purchase. Any additional charges that may be incurred will be levied by your bank.
Please contact your bank to confirm costs
- Standard Bank: 0860 238 837
- ABSA: 0860 111 123
- Nedbank: 0860 115 060
- FNB: 0860 11 22 44
How to use
How do I recharge?
Dial *141* recharge voucher PIN#
Dial 141, select option 3 and then enter your 16-digit recharge voucher PIN.
- Put your bankcard into the ATM.
- Enter your PIN.
- Choose ‘Airtime’.
- Enter the cellphone number you wish to TopUp
- Choose the amount you need.
- Your airtime will be immediately credited
Purchase airtime from an Umoya on the Go (m-Charge) vendor
- Give the vendor the cellphone number to be topped up.
- Pay the vendor the rand value of the airtime you require.
- He or she will transfer that amount to the cellphone number provided.
- The cellphone number that is being topped up will receive an SMS confirming the
transaction as well as the updated balance
Send a request by dialling *141*6328*(sponsor’s cellphone number)#.
What does it cost?
Me2U transfers are a free service