Picture messaging (MMS)
A picture message or multimedia message service (MMS) is a message that contains multimedia, such as a photograph or video from your phone’s camera. Depending on your phone, you may need to download MTN settings for this function.
MMS greeting cards
We’ve designed a full range of greeting cards for special occasions.
View Once-off MMS
You do not have an active MMBox. If your phone is not capable of viewing MMS’s you may have received a message code instead to view the MMS. Get your message code ready and
click here to view your MMS
How to use
How do I set up MMS?
- Dial *123*12#.
- MMS settings will be sent to your phone.
- Download and save these settings.
- If you are asked for a PIN, enter 1234.
- If your phone asks whether you want to save these as default settings, press ‘Yes’.
- Switch your phone off and on again to activate MMS.
Sending an MMS
- Download MMS settings to your phone.
- Find the ‘Message’ section on your cellphone.
- Choose ‘MMS’ and select ‘Create New’. This function will be slightly different on each cellphone so consult your manual if you have a problem.
- Add text, images, audio clips and/or video clips into your MMS message.
- Choose the person to whom you would like to send the MMS.
- Press ‘Send’.
Sending an MMS from stored content
You can also send an MMS from the camera, video or multimedia albums on your cellphone:
- Select the file you would like to send.
- Choose the person you would like to send the MMS to.
- Press ‘Send via MMS’.
How do I send an MTN greeting card?
- Dial *124*2#.
- Choose from five categories:
The MMS greeting card will be sent to your cellphone at no charge to you.
Personalise it with your own message.
Forward the message to a special person.
- April Fools
Q Are SMS and MMS available on the 3G network?