At MTN, we take the abuse of our network and services very seriously. Should you
have any suspicions of fraudulent activity, we welcome your help in putting a stop
To submit a report please call 083 123 7867, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an online
form. Your report will remain confidential and we will not disclose
your identity to anyone.
What kind of information can assist with investigations?
- A certified copy of your ID and a police affidavit (confidentiality guaranteed)
- Names, addresses and contact numbers
- Details of witnesses
- Dates, times and places
- Frequency of the suspicious act
- Sums of money involved
- Details or the location of any proof
- Any additional information you think may help
How can I protect myself against cellphone fraud?
- Notify your service provider immediately if your device is lost or stolen
- Store your device’s IMEI number in a safe place so you’re able to have it blacklisted
if stolen (most devices’ IMEI numbers can be checked by dialling *#06#)
- Use a PIN to lock your device and SIM card at all times and keep your PIN in a safe
- Be vigilant and don’t use your device in crowded or unsafe areas
- Keep your device secure and out of sight, and never leave it unattended
- Avoid questionable app downloads
- Back up your data and insure your device (apply online for a
free quote from MTN Insurance)
- Look for unusual activity on your monthly bill
- Remove international calling and roaming features if you don’t need them
How can I protect myself from identity theft or subscription fraud?
- Safeguard your personal information at home by storing it safely out of sight
- Don’t provide personal information to unknown individuals via telephone, email or
- Destroy any documents with personal information you no longer need, e.g., bank statements
- Register with the
Southern African Fraud Prevention Service
and apply for protection registration (0860 101 248 or
- Request alerts to suspicious activity on your credit report from TransUnion or your credit
profile regularly to ensure no unknown accounts are linked to your credit profile
What does MTN Insurance cover?
Phones, laptops, data modems and SIM cards. Insured devices can be covered against
loss, theft and damage (including liquid damage).
How do I apply for MTN Insurance?
Complete and submit the relevant online form below:
What are the benefits of MTN Insurance?
- The risk is transferred to MTN Insurance in return for a fixed monthly premium
- You’re covered immediately on acceptance of the risk in accordance with our underwriting
- We’ll make sure you’re back in the same situation before your loss
- You have 30 days from the date of the incident to make a claim
- The insurance excess is waived on your first claim after four years of no claim
- No excess is applicable when replacing cellphones valued at R1 000 or less
- Warranty-related claims on a cellphone with expired warranty will be processed under
- You have three months from the date of purchase to take insurance
- The premiums are billed with your subscription/contract fee, so you don’t receive
- 360° hassle-free process for repairs on damaged cellphones:
- Collection of damaged phone from your preferred address to the repair centre
- Loan-phone usage during repairs
- Delivery of repaired cellphone to your preferred address and collection of the loan